Autumn is here and the dark nights are upon us. You don’t have to stop running to stay safe, just follow some of the following easy tips to keep running through Autumn.
1. Be visible! Wear high visibility colours, high vis snap-bands or head torches.
2. Run against the flow of traffic.
3. Run without music or turn it down in areas where you need to be more alert.
4. Carry ID, preferably something that has an “in case of emergency” contact number.
5. Run together! Running buddies can help you stay motivated as well as safe.
6. Run in well-lit areas. Don’t take risks, even if you do have high-vis clothing.
7. Follow your instinct! If it doesn’t feel safe, don’t take any chances.